SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the rear bumper the same on Aeros and Non-Aeros?

Specifically the bottom plastic bit where the exhaust exits? (the cutout bit)

As always - I do appreciate any comments

Cheers

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I think it depends on what year you have; it seems the 2005 has a one piece whereas the older ones had a two piece which could be switched around...basing this off my memory, no pictures

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2000 Aero model.

I would like to know if this is different to the 2000 standard model.

Especially around the exhaust?

Cheers

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Dunno if this helps Rob according to the parts catalogue there are 4 "bumper covers" available for the pre facelift 9-5​

1. standard cover
2. standard cover with park assist
3. aero/sports pack cover
4. aero/sports pack cover with park assist

The only difference the park assist covers have is the holes pre-drilled for the sensors. It doesn't mention what the difference is between the standard and aero/sports pack covers. :roll: This is a standard rear bumper cover, does it look any different to yours?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think if you're pre-facelift that the exhaust cutout should be the same either way. Although I think there should be a difference in terms of the color. The lpt has a black strip on the bottom where as the Aero bumper should all be color matched to the car.

Joe

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Front valance part no. 5409388, rear valance part no. 5409420. Both parts are rrp of £205.48, but are available for about £170 if you look around.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Mark I'd get them repainted unless they are badly damaged, if you buy the valance you will want it sprayed anyway ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts