SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Aero got rear-ended a couple of weeks ago and the body shop was able to find someone tearing apart an 02 non-Aero locally and the bumper cover looks pretty good.

It looks like it's the same one, the lower valence is different and mine has parking sensors in it, but the holes and clips look like they are in the same place on the 02 non-Aero

is it the same cover?

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at them, but it appears that the bumper covers are painted at the factory and the part number descriptions are different (i.e. bumper cover merlot, bumper cover silver) so the part numbers are different.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Therein lies the question...

if there is no difference, then I'm happy to take this one from the non-Aero. If they are different, then I want it back the way it was.

The only difference I could see was the lower valence and the black belt that has the parking sensors,both of which aren't broken and look like they will fit on the cover from the non-Aero.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Oh if the rear spoiler and the parking sensors arents broken and can reused then I want to say the actual bumper cover is the same. Take a look on thesaabsite and see what parts they list for the bumper cover.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
They look to be one and the same;

My 03 Aero got rear-ended a couple of weeks ago and the body shop was able to find someone tearing apart an 02 non-Aero locally and the bumper cover looks pretty good.

It looks like it's the same one, the lower valence is different and mine has parking sensors in it, but the holes and clips look like they are in the same place on the 02 non-Aero

is it the same cover?

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To follow up on the original question:

the cover from the 02 non-Aero fit perfectly. They installed the lower valence from my aero (painted versus non -painted), the black strip with the parking sensors in it and refinished the cover and the car looks perfect.

Thanks everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts