SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How scary is it to drill 5 x 9mm holes into your pride and joy!

Stiil the end result is damn fine!

Masked up!

Scary!

Still lines up!

Holes!!!!!!!!

X

·
0 Posts
have you given the missus a set of really dark glasses so she doesnt notice it :lol:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I've had to resort to buying my wife something of similar value everytime I want to do something to my car, essentially doubling the cost of my modifications. You can only hear "it's not fair" so many times before insanity kicks in. This time around I had to get her a navigation system for her minivan. :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine bought her own copy of auto-trader and is looking for a new car now :p

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Mine bought her own copy of auto-trader and is looking for a new car now :p
I feel your pain! The minivan I mentioned was bought 13 days ago. Now I just ride in the back and watch movies (she won't let me drive anyway..says I make her car sick?) She needs to watch out because the xbox is going to end up in there soon. :lol:

But to get back on topic....I felt the same way drilling the holes in my trunk lid. Mine were a bit smaller though and only on the oustides so it was a little easier I assume. It definately adds to the sporting nature of the car's sytling though. Looks very sharp.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have that spoiler on my car. Gives it the edge. Although i also like the lip style.

Thats the first time ive seen the number plate surround on an actual car.
Can you post a full-on rear shot some time in the future.

It looks like a classy unique aero now. How would it perform agsainst an aero ?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thedriver said:
Thats the first time ive seen the number plate surround on an actual car.
Can you post a full-on rear shot some time in the future.?
Sure, after the Grand Prix ;)

Thedriver said:
It looks like a classy unique aero now. How would it perform agsainst an aero ?
The car has conservatively got 270 bhp (dyno soon I promise) and has better suspension than an aero. Wessy drove mine and a 230 bhp Aero back to back and likened it to the difference between the LPT and an Aero, I can honestly tell you, she moves, really moves :cool:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Good job Chris.I did mine before xmas in the cold weather and did it in half an hour or so.Quite an easy job I thought as long as you drill a small pilot hole and use the tape. First time Ive fitted anything before like this and it really is a check it 50 times job before letting fly. Dont know if youre like me but I still look in the rear view mirror checking if its 100% in line.I always seem to check the middle bridge piece against the rear window heater elements. I must be getting sadder. Never mind it makes the car look good and thats the main thing.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thats a very good looking machine Chris. I think i will pick up that number plate surround in the coming months.

It will be very interesting to see the roll road results with regard to temperatures and fuel mixtures etc.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Cool, very nice looking. I don't want a spoiler on my car cause it would ruin the aero dynamics, not because i'm to afraid to drill holes in it. Yeah, that's it.

Are there any spoilers that provide real downforce to keep the rear planted at high speeds?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Raven18940 said:
Are there any spoilers that provide real downforce to keep the rear planted at high speeds?
Yup that Bridge Spoiler Chris has just fitted;)

As it is a Saab designed one it's probably the only spoiler that has been tested in a wind tunnel to suit the aerodynamics of the car......:cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi, Ive just purchased a spoiler from e bay, not as good as the one chris fitted though. Does anyone know where I can get a can of about 400ml code 256 (Cayanne Red) paint and the required laquer to spray it? Or will i have to pay main dealer prices?

Thanks Adam

X

·
0 Posts
Hi Adam, many larger car part supply shops will mix to order. I found these people on the web about a month ago and they will send mail order.

CLICK HERE

Finn :)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a1damuk said:
Hi, Ive just purchased a spoiler from e bay, not as good as the one chris fitted though. Does anyone know where I can get a can of about 400ml code 256 (Cayanne Red) paint and the required laquer to spray it? Or will i have to pay main dealer prices?

Thanks Adam
I got mine from here http://www.auto-paint.co.uk/SHOP/Out/index.htm?catalog.htm&1 It took about a can and a half of paint for the spoiler and about two thirds of a can of laquer, I got a small stone chip / touch up pot made up too, the colour match was excellent ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for your advice, after the spoiler arrived I was that desperate to fit it I went to the dealer and paid about £8.00 + Vat. Hope to fit it soon!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a1damuk said:
Thanks for your advice, after the spoiler arrived I was that desperate to fit it I went to the dealer and paid about £8.00 + Vat. Hope to fit it soon!
I dont think that will be enough paint :confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts