SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear brakes are completely shot at only 30000 miles...
anyway the stealership wants 670 to do just the rear brakes....i found a saab mechanice that'l do it for 450... is that good or am i gettign hosed...

right know im having that feeling i should have kept my wrx:confused:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
jhawley said:
So my rear brakes are completely shot at only 30000 miles...
anyway the stealership wants 670 to do just the rear brakes....i found a Saab mechanic that'll do it for 450... is that good or am i getting hosed...Of course you are being hosed; this is the age in which we live, the un-necessary dealer is charging as much as he possibly can, and then a little more..
Either find someone honest or DIY.....If this is not an option sell the car and buy a Subaru; but before any choice is made, the repair/maintenance facilities must be established before buying any brand of car..
right know I'm having that feeling i should have kept my wrx:confused:
$670 or $450 ?? exactly what are they doing for this sum of money ?? Are they now charging, not only "whatever the market will bear", but whatever they can get away with (borderline criminal)......

Please define "completely shot " ....are the calipers and rotors both worn out - or is this just some over-reaction from a zealous mechanic ???

·
Registered
85 Posts
my friend, your mechanic is pretty close, lets calculate parts (2 rotors and set of brakes) about $250 ( if not more your guy might wanna make a couple dollars on parts) plus a few hours of shop labor @ $100/hr. Welcome to Connecticut :lol:

You could probably do it by yourself and save on labor. There is alway a choise ... and a reason. There must have been a reason you gave up WRX and got a SAAB.

Fix the Brakes and Enjoy the Ride :cool:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to answer everyones questions,
dude thanks so much for the offer but i had them done already

the pads are shot and theres metal on metal contact.. seriously the worse noise in the world.

the 670 was to replace rear pads and rotors

the european car in canton is one of my customers ( im an account exec for UPS so i meet alot of people) but they did it for me.

and i gave up the rex becauseit was an 02 wich are notorious for having trannys made from glass... I had a stage 2 wrx and basically exploded the gear box....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts