SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am going to change the rear pads on my 99 estate.th manual says to make sure that the recess is at the bottom of the cailliper(fixed type)but is not clear ?and do i have to change the pins.also i have oil dripping on the the cat from the oil pressure switch is this easy to change fron underneath?
cheers kev:D

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Haven't had to do brakes on the 2000. But have done the oil pressure switch from the top if you have long skinny arm and are used working by feel rather than sight. If you replace the sensor from underneath disconnect the batter and loosen the starter.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Not exactly sure what that means myself; these brake pads can be removed without removing the calipers there're pretty straight forward to install; you will need to change the pins, it comes as a set with new retainers.

hi
i am going to change the rear pads on my 99 estate.th manual says to make sure that the recess is at the bottom of the cailliper(fixed type)but is not clear ?

For the sensor when I do these I just remove the starter and install the sensor from under the car.

and do i have to change the pins.also i have oil dripping on the the cat from the oil pressure switch is this easy to change fron underneath?
cheers kev:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts