SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I need some advice with my 9-3ss 2.0t linear conv 04.
I've replaced the left hand side pad and am now on the right hand side. While changing the first side i was unaware that you needed to screw the piston back in and instead done what i have done on every car i've had, and just compressed it back in.
Now ive moved over to the right hand (drivers) side, but this is proving more dificult. since then i've seen on a few forums that you need a tool. Now for the questions.
1. Where can i get hold of this tool quickly and in cheaply or can i fabricate something.
2. Does the piston turn clockwise or anti clockwise.
3. Have i damaged the piston ive changed already. The car is still on the jack so havnt tested on road but would like to know probabilty.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
i just did my rears, and you MUST use a tool on my car. You need to rotate the piston clockwise, and it should rotate in. Try the end of needle nose plyers, but i don't recommend doing the job without the right tool. If you used a great deal of force one side you could have seriously damaged the master cylinder, and or seals. Has any oil leaked?

I'm not sure how to test it if it has been ruined, but try pressing the brake pedal (only if the brakes are hooked up), and pull on the e-brake cable. Check to see if the piston retracts.

I'm kicking myself for not making a DIY when I did my brakes. I would have been super helpfull ;oops:

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts