SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can find a rear brake caliper bracket? mine is messed up and i need a new one to replace it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Do you have the WIS? If you do, pull the part number down and then order it. I would, but I still haven't got a copy of Windoze running....need to set it up in Bootcamp (on my Mac) so I can run the WIS and EPC.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Workshop Information System. Basically a service manual, but its the one your dealer would use. EPC is the parts catalog. PM me, I can fill in better for you how to find these. be advised to use them you need Windows, Mac OS X won't work.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Workshop Information System. Basically a service manual, but its the one your dealer would use. EPC is the parts catalog. PM me, I can fill in better for you how to find these. be advised to use them you need Windows, Mac OS X won't work.
lol i got a haynes i wish i had a shop manual i couldent find one. if you can get me the electronic shop manual that would be great, and an epc but is the epc general gm? or just saab?

·
Registered
353 Posts
i have access to a WIS but not sure how to pull part numbers out of it.

I'm also looking for a p/n for the right rear carrier bracket... stripped the carrier bolts out of mine last night trying to finish a brake job in the dark. :x

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i have access to a WIS but not sure how to pull part numbers out of it.

I'm also looking for a p/n for the right rear carrier bracket... stripped the carrier bolts out of mine last night trying to finish a brake job in the dark. :x
This happened to me when I replacing brakes but I was able to take it off and put it back on. When I go to change brakes next time I will certainly need to replace the bracket as well. Seems this is a trouble some area I thought it was only me haha.

Best way to get your part # is contact PFS and give them your vin and what you need.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This happened to me when I replacing brakes but I was able to take it off and put it back on. When I go to change brakes next time I will certainly need to replace the bracket as well. Seems this is a trouble some area I thought it was only me haha.

Best way to get your part # is contact PFS and give them your vin and what you need.
exact same thing happened to me wtf,---- and volcom its rear right or passanger and my brakes are vented----. Yeah what happened was i put my pads on wrong on one side and realized it half way done, i said what ever then i went to the other side which was competly easy i got the bottom bolt in for the caliper. Then i went to the top bolt and it looked lined up and i started screwing and i was like omfg wtf!!!! because the bolt was screwing in to the left. So i pulled it out tried again and it still wouldnt work then finally i took a look at it and said screw it and i took a head stud (lol) and stuck it in there and put the plastic cap back on. sooooooo right now i am definantly not trusting of my rear brakes they are a little.. loose

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you know its just the fact that gm uses crappy metal the bolts were not even strong but i was tempted to helicoil it... butttttt i said noooooo. well if you have a spare that would be amazing because i have to pass inspection. the guy told me i only needed to replace my rear pads so thats what i did.
EDIT: hey i think both left and right side caliper brackets are the same its more dependent on the rotor width if anything i think.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Part #s for the rear brake carriers are 93172188 for the solid rotors or 93172189 for venteds. The screws are 93171776.

You find parts on EPC(Electronic Parts Catalog)/EPSI. WIS is Workshop Information System.

·
Registered
353 Posts
cool, thanks for pulling that, I dont' have access to the EPC.

any ideas on cost for one of these damn things? I'm pretty close to calling AAA to tow this thing to a shop... 2 hr job turned weekend of hell.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where should i go with the part number. because i do not want to go to the stealship

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Im parked outside, when I have to give my girlfriend a ride home I will take out the spare calipers I have and take a picture of what you might need.

·
Registered
353 Posts
patcotaco: i believe the dealership is the only place to go - i've checked everywhere online, and have called all the local parts suppliers.

you can buy a "semi-loaded" or "loaded" caliper which I'm told comes with the brakcet attached, but that seems like a waste (IMHO)

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
patcotaco: i believe the dealership is the only place to go - i've checked everywhere online, and have called all the local parts suppliers.

you can buy a "semi-loaded" or "loaded" caliper which I'm told comes with the brakcet attached, but that seems like a waste (IMHO)
yeah agree i was thinking about calling a local junk yard that apprently has a whole assembly used for 60 bucks and seeing if i couldent just get the bracket. its not worth paying 160 bucks for a new caliper assembly that i am not even going to use. and volcolm if you wana take pics thats cool.

·
Registered
353 Posts
So the Stealership parts department wants $83 for this stupid thing... and it's a special order part so it'd be 3 days before it arrives... FML

1 - 20 of 26 Posts