SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 vert turbo: odd noise coming from right rear during a left turn . Jack up car and no play on right or left rear wheels. I noticed that when i put my hand around the wheel I could not get my hand past the point where the wheel well (where the shock is) and the side wall of the tire. On the left side I could get most of my hand past that point. Looking from the rear of the car I can see that the left wheel is sticking out about 1/2 more then the right (like everything shifted left). Is this adjustable?

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
wrvdb said:
94 vert turbo: odd noise coming from right rear during a left turn . Jack up car and no play on right or left rear wheels. I noticed that when i put my hand around the wheel I could not get my hand past the point where the wheel well (where the shock is) and the side wall of the tire. On the left side I could get most of my hand past that point. Looking from the rear of the car I can see that the left wheel is sticking out about 1/2 more then the right (like everything shifted left). Is this adjustable?
I've had my head in there a bit lately, getting round to replacing all the bushes. There's nothing "adjustable" per se, no.

Is it possible that the right rear wheel's been clonked at some stage?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
?

Jim Mesthene said:
The Panhard rod guarantees that the axle will move to the left as the suspension extends.
but shouldn't it also hold the in the center when driving straight/parked? Bentley say that worn bushings in the torque arm and panhard rod often causes groaning or sqeaking. Also says that you need a special tool to press them out/in. Any way aroud that?

·
Registered
13,111 Posts
wrvdb said:
but shouldn't it also hold the in the center when driving straight/parked?
It can't do both, the axle moves in an arc as it travels up or down.
Bentley say that worn bushings in the torque arm and panhard rod often causes groaning or sqeaking.
More commonly just loose bolts, worn bushing usually "clunk".
Also says that you need a special tool to press them out/in. Any way aroud that?
I worked in fully equipped dealers for years and never saw anyone use anything but various combinations of sockets, hammers, presses and vises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts