SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 9-3. A month ago I lost all sound in the car. No radio or CD, no signal light clicking, no back up alert beeps, no sound of any type. Took it into the dealer and they have told me it is the rear amp in the trunk. Model number #12800532. Cost of the part only.....$1056!!!! Damn!! This has me a little annoyed especially since I am still under CPO warranty and they tell me audio components are not covered.

Wondering if anyone knows where I could by a used rear amp, or if I could replace this amp with something I can buy at a car audio store?

Basically I dont want to spend a grand on a new amp, but Im getting tired of driving with my ipod;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
here is a chance to redo the whole stereo! :lol: i had one of my bose 6x9's blow ... if it wasnt under warrenty it woulda been $519.99 for a flippin 6x9! talk with them, cause they should be able to drop it reasonably if they arent pricks, cause they can sell it at cost to them and youd can install it yourself, pretty much seems like plug and play in mine

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
That's the right part # for AMP2. I'm not sure AMP2 is the problem though. Is the dealer guaranteeing this part will solve the problem?

You can probably find a used AMP2 at car-part.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts