SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pins 1, 48, 60, & 65 are 15v+ (need at least 15v to flash, some need 18v, makes SURE it's DC and NOT AC coming from PSU) I recommend using shielded female spade terminals from Radio Shack in lieu of an actual ECM harness as alligator clips are a tight fit with the shielding on them. Try not to bump it during reading/flashing. Make sure it's on something that doesn't produce static, or conduct electricity (no metal work stations) and don't let the wires dangle- don't want a loose connection barely there.

Neg (-) ground pins are ONLY 24 and 25. (25 isn't numbered; these are what I used to read and flash mine)

I am quite new to this subject and I am simply trying to ascertain the correct facts and not provoke or antagonize anyone.

From the above then you are saying that only the 6 pins you have identified/listed above need to be connected for a standard ECU bench flash? They are used only for the power supply to the ECU and to ground the unit, surely other pins must be connected to receive/transmit data, and I understood those to be pins 62 (CAN_H) & 63 (CAN_L) and this brings the total number of pins connected to 8 (eight). This procedure obviously uses the CANBUS method utilising either the Lawicel CANUSB converter/adaptor or johnc's combiadaptor.

B

·
0 Posts
Also, could you mention the use of the C900 hazard light switch in making a connection? It fits right into the CAN plug.
does that switch fit right into the can bus plug? it looks similar to the heated seat switches too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I was very sad to hear that the trionic project was terminated, especially with it being such good software. I have sold all of my Saab's since, but still have my copies of t5suite thank god. Hopefully people can keep these mirror sites up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you flash a modified file to your ecu via can it stays permanently or until you reflash. All adaptation changes and changes you've made while live tuning are to SRAM, which is lost when power is disconnected. So if you make changes and they work you save a copy of them and apply them to your basefile and reflash the ecu so they wont be lost.
Pulling and bench flashing your ecu gets old pretty fast so live tuning gives you the ability to only add what you've already tested. When i first got started i had an lpt bdm which requires pulling the ecu every time you want to make a change, and doing it again if you didnt like it. Pulled and bench flashed mine way too many times before i got the combiadapter.
I have a t7 now and it only needs 12 volts to flash so hopefully the ecu wont ever have to be removed from the car.
This is a superb guide for T5, but what do you use to flash your t7? (have one too) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
This guide is really good and I made myself a cable for real time monitoring on a saab 9-3se, 1999, T5.

I tried to use it directly into an old laptop vid DB9(com1) but I did not succeed to connect. Is it possible to connect this way or do I need to use a can-usb and hook it up on usb?

Thank u guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for this great tutorial. I made everything according to this, I cannot connect to the ECU. The button "Connect ECU" is disabled (grayed out) in the T5suite.
Any idea?

Cheers,
Dirk

41 - 52 of 52 Posts