SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
We have had ours ('08 SportCombi) and struggle to get 18mpg, whatever we're young and its fun as hell to drive. Although my '02 9-3 SE with a stage one can range from 18-30 ;) but thats 0.8l and 2 cylinders away

·
Registered
510 Posts
I totally agree, that makes it more fun as well. To just "pull away" from the rest of the pack. If anything some more sound would be nice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ok, now i have the Vtuner stage 0 tune and :eek:

The difference is really impressive, like night and day.
Now the car is much more responsive and the power is stronger everywere with a nice top end (before the car have no top end).

Thank you very much Brian, me and my brother are very happy with our tunes. ;ol;

·
Registered
334 Posts
Let us know how your new vtuned aero compares to your viggen, and for the hell of it see how your brothers vtuned 2.0T compares?? :) lmao

I ask about the 2.0T because thats what i have and am contemplating a jzw stage 1 tune or a stage 0 vtune.

Can anyone say 3 car drag race? ;ol;

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The Aero is a little faster than the Viggen but not by much. (.3 on the quarter and 2 mph) but that on the 91 octane tune. The Aero is also more consistent.
The Viggen is faster than the 2.0T, no question about that.

I think you cant compare the Viggen to the 2.0T stock for stock, so tuned at the same level, the Viggen will be faster. The B235R in the Viggen is more brutal, not as smooth.

For me, the 2 tuner have made an EXCELLENT job. My Viggen have always run strong with the JZW tune and my Aero seem to be awsome with the V-Tuner. The only think i prefer with the V-Tuner is the possibility of upgrade because of the HP Tuner software but this is not applicable for the 2.0T, only the V6.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yea i understand what your saying.

But let me ask you your opinion on this.

If your Aero was still stock, and you were to race your brothers Vtuned 2.0T, who would win?

I know that a Vtuned 2.0T is rated at 10 more horsepower then a Stock Aero V6.

I ask this because my friend has a stock V6 Aero, and i want to know if i can beat him in a race or at least be pretty damn close if i were vtuned. ;ol;

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

If your Aero was still stock, and you were to race your brothers Vtuned 2.0T, who would win?

I ask this because my friend has a stock V6 Aero, and i want to know if i can beat him in a race or at least be pretty damn close if i were vtuned. ;ol;

I think the tuned 2.0T would win. (very close)
Stock, the V6 feel very mellow and the V-Tuned 4 cyl is impressive for just a flashing ecu.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts

A tuned 2.0T is faster than a stock Aero. That was the goal for Vtune when the stage 0 was designed.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts