SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I made and installed a CAI in my Saab. It is placed down behind my fog light. I know a lot of people on the forums say the cold airs don't do anything for our cars, but those are usually placed where the old box was. I feel like I had gains when I was driving after I installed, all in my head or possible decent gains for the cai?

·
Registered
324 Posts
It'll help things stay a little cooler with increased ventilation, thus the relocation of the CAI. It's not going to increase peak HP numbers, but it'll help avoid heat soak a little more. The only problem with that location is if it's a daily driver you don't want to be hitting huge puddles with it because it's more likely to suck in alot of water and destroy your engine.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Not really gonna do much since air is gonna be nice and toasty leaving your turbo. But it's still a decent mod and your filter won't get nearly as dirty. Won't have to change it really... Now that your use to moving piping and stuff you should have all the experience you need to get rid of that crap factory intercooler

·
Registered
121 Posts
From what i was told is if you want to gain anything you should just go drop in K&N filter in your stock box. Though it does sound cool driving with the SRI or CAI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts