SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out some things about the wiring diagram for this circuit and was hoping for some help. I was wondering what they lines highlighted in yellow mean as well as what exactly a junction is. I think junctions are just where the wires meet another wire harness and run along it but I'm not totally sure.

The end thing I need to know is if this is one wire from 1/2 to the connector pins at H43-2 (26/27) or are there other things in between like other connectors of some sort.

·
Registered
366 Posts
A junction is just a connection of two or more wires. Many times they are just within the bundle of wires and you have to spread them apart to see the splice. I haven't replaced a rear wheel speed sensor, but I think it must be that this one comes with a pigtail - two bare wires, that you have to splice into the harness. Usually not preferable, but some parts come that way.

If you see Hxxx, then that is a connector. the number after the H is how many pins the connector has. I am not sure if you are using the WIS or if you got the diagram off the web, but if you have the WIS, then if you go to the ABS section and click on the schematic icon on the upper right and view that, it will show you the entire schematic and describe where the connectors and junction are located. There are links to further show them.

For J110, the WIS says it is either 345 or 450 mm from branching point: fuel pump /EVAP pressure sensor towards rear left door.

For J111, it says it is either 370 or 480 mm from the same point in the same direction.

It looks like they changed at some point during the model year (2003) start of production was the lower number. So, they moved it about 4 inches further at some point during the model year. I am taking the year from your "My Saabs " list so if that is different, ymmv.

On the wiring diagram, you can also see the colors indicated BK = black, BN = brown, so you will want to look for a black plastic sleeve that covers the connection (heat shrink tubing) with either two blacks, or two brown wires connecting inside. Sometimes you have to cut away the tape (carefully) holding the wiring bundle and then retape afterwards.

There is nothing else in between the H43 connector and the splice or it would be on the wiring diagram (unless it was a repair done later or something)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.