SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and my first post is in desperation!:cry:

I have a 2006 Saab 2.0t 9-3 Vector estate, a fantastic car and an excellent drive.

Now for my current problem.... one of my transponder keys decided not to work about 2 weeks ago, that was fine because I still had the second key.... at the time.....
until last Friday when I misplaced the second key and now I can not get into the car :cry: at all.

The passenger door has a key hole but the (standard) key will not open it????:confused:

I drove (in our 2nd car) to a locksmith who checked the key and told me it was still working (i.e. sending a signal)

Unfortunately the key will not work, so I am currently stranded (in Belfast N.I) with my car parked on my drive and I can't get in to it.:cry:

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
7,637 Posts

Remove the rear window and hatch. Attach a fine stout yoke to the front fenders and use it as a manure spreader. W
ELCOME to the other side. I'll put on some tea and Flogging Molly ok? :cheesy:

Is it close enough to put a strap on it and tow it to the locksmith, did he have a fix in mind if he had the car. Is there a chance the your keys got hooked up with one of your droogs? I thought that happened with my wife's keys on night but it turned out to be not only a failed fob, but Saab sent us two or the wrong hard keys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers TunnanXWD, the Saab mechanic turned up he managed to get into the bonnet. But the car is deadlocked and the 2nd key will not work in the passengers door. So only option is to find the lost set of keys or smash a window....

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
Are you sure that the engine battery isn't dead? If it is, you can jump the positive battery terminal of a spare battery to the positive cable on the starter, then connect the negative terminal on the spare battery to a good frame ground... Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure that the engine battery isn't dead? If it is, you can jump the positive battery terminal of a spare battery to the positive cable on the starter, then connect the negative terminal on the spare battery to a good frame ground... Ron
Thanks Ron, but I had a Saab master mechanic look at it earlier today, the battery is perfectly fine and the alarm has been sounding for over 3/4 hours now (although one of the terminals is disconnected, so that the noise is not deafening!) He explained that the key doesn't work and the only other option now is to find the working key (somewhere in my home!) or smash a window!!!!

He managed to pop the bonnet/hood and disconnect the terminal, but the car does not recognize the faulty key, so deadlocks applied

The 9-3 has fantastic security with the deadlocks operational, but unfortunately it doesn't help me right now.

If only I had got the faulty transponder fixed 2 weeks ago when it first stopped working! C'est la Vie...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts