SaabCentral Forums banner
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  billm0066 
#1 ·
The fob button for the trunk release has become extremely sensitive resulting in unintended openings. Consequently I need to pull over very often after starting out to close boot or discover after parking it has been open entire time on street.

Is there a way to get this button re programmed so the remote trunk activation occurs after 2 clicks of button on fob?

#3 ·
boot lock

Just a note for others that may not know.

If you open the boot lid using the unlock button after the car was locked, it remains unlocked until you re lock the whole car with remote.
I used my remote to unlock boot for over a year before my wife noticed.
Yes i should have read the hand book ;oops:

#4 ·
Perhaps I was not clear about my 2008 9-3. It seems that over time the boot button on my fob has become quite sensitive to the lightest touch [and, perhaps soon, glance]. This has led to the lid opening while starting car and it popping open while walking away from parked car with keys in pocket. I am not referring to whether it is "locked" or not along with the doors.
It seems a fix might be to have boot lid respond to two key taps as some vehicle fobs are designed. So my question, again, does anyone know if my fob can have its chip modified to reprogram the lid lock button to operate with 2 clicks?

#5 ·
Was I not clear with my reply? You cannot reprogram the remote or the car to do this. I tried on my 2010 and the dealer with the Tech 2 said it is not an option. I asked while he was reprogramming a few things. Maybe there's a way to hack the remote, but nobody has done it from what i've seen. If your remote is malfunctioning then buy a new one, because I rarely hit my trunk button.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.