SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, ignore the why and how much it will cost. I was merely curious if one could take the engine on a 2005 or a 2006 saab and re-orientate it. (Yes, I know they are different cars. A 2006+ is what I want, a 2005 is what I have.) Basically instead of the crank pully being on the right side of the engine bay, have it pointed towards the front or back. This obviously means that transmission, drive lines, and possibly other things wont line up. Maybe its a pipe dream, well I figured I'd ask. I know I've seen this engine with the crank pully towards the front... but that was on a suburu. A dude at work showed me one. Cant find the pic to post though.

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
Convert your car to RWD... problem solved. ;)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Convert your car to RWD... problem solved. ;)
Not really. What transmission do I use first of all? Secondly what rear differential/axle as well? Do make my exhaust just run straight from the headers because the only way to get a drive line to the rear of the vehicle is to remove the exhaust. Also I dont remember but I think my exhaust goes off to the left side of the car rather then down the middle. In that case what saddle bag gas tank will fit in my car. Your rwd suggestion lacks the details of implementation. Trust me... I have no troubles comming up with the ideas (a lot of them would generate millions of WTF, and WHYS!?!?? LOL), its the implementation I need help with.

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
I honestly can’t tell if you’re serious... my post “lacks the details” because it’s not going to happen. My point was, your engine is transverse because you have FWD. Since you want the crank pulley forward, well, RWD is the way to make that happen. It would all be custom, obviously.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly can’t tell if you’re serious... my post “lacks the details” because it’s not going to happen. My point was, your engine is transverse because you have FWD. Since you want the crank pulley forward, well, RWD is the way to make that happen. It would all be custom, obviously.
Foward or backwards. The 900 is longitudinal with the crank pully to the rear and transmission up front.

·
Super Moderator
1,651 Posts
Foward or backwards. The 900 is longitudinal with the crank pully to the rear and transmission up front.
900 is just a bit different than an OG 9-5... ;)

Good luck with your project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts