SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: autotrans service check - TSB

I am bringing in my 9-3SS to have the autotrans looked at. For the past week, the autotrans has been up-shifting rather jerkingly from 2nd - 3rd. The other gear shifts both up and down have been fine.
Checked NHTSA site and found the associated TSB 440-2425. Will be bringing it in to the dealer later this week.

Anyone else with this experience with their senstronic autotrans?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
quite a few of us have. When you bring your car in, most likely SAAB will install a new part (valve body iirc) in the transmission. You should be back on the road in a day. The part takes care of the jerky shifting, but still leaves behind the significantly sloppy shift between 2-3.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
it's a valve body update for the transmission (iirc = if i recall correctly..)

I thought I posted the part number around here someplace, guess not. I'll check to see if I have it scanned in someplace, I'm pretty certain I had posted nearly the entire service ticket here at saabcentral ...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bud! I just faxed my service guy your scanned work order and hopefully they can figure it out with the help of that additional piece of information.

mbodo said:
found it (sorry too stupid to figure out how to edit my own posts & add images)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update to bringing my car in for the issue with the sentronic autotrans harsh upshift from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Brought it in this morning, service rep indicated that he has seen many SAABs come in for similar issues with the autotrans. They had in many instances, had to change the radiator, coolant and autotrans fluids, plus install a new valve body. They will check to see if this is the same with my 9-3SS sentronic.

Got to drive the 9-2X aero again. Love the tight steering and tight handling. But not too great is the engine. Not very flexible in everyday driving.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got call from service rep a few minutes ago. Car apparently is ready, and they just updated the sentronic software, as per SAAB Canada's Tech direction based on an associated TSB that has been out for this related issue.

I will update on whether this software update has resolved the issue.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up my car and test drove it, service guys did not apparently properly address the autotrans issue. Test drove car with service manager, confirmed that the 2-3 upshift was still there, car back in service bay for further repairs.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
mav238 said:
Just got call from service rep a few minutes ago. Car apparently is ready, and they just updated the sentronic software, as per SAAB Canada's Tech direction based on an associated TSB that has been out for this related issue.

I will update on whether this software update has resolved the issue.
I had the same thing. Went in, they did the software fix per the TSB, and it was still there. Only I let it go & didn't complain again, so now I have to go back. ;oops:
Good on you for following up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts