SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've enjoyed a few months of trouble-free driving on the 9-5 :D. Now it's time to start poking around at the little annoying things, like the rattling in my door (which is especially annoying when playing music, where a lot of bass tones will make the innards buzz).

I think the source of the rattling is the door latch. It's rather loose; I can wiggle it back and forth, even when it's turned down (in latched position). I know the window rollers are a common culprit here, but I've noticed if I pull the door handle (to pull it shut harder), the rattling stops. This is especially noticable because of the way it stops buzzing while music is playing.

So my question for you guys is, how to I stop it? Is there something that can be tightened up? I've looked around the area, and I don't see any obvious place to start. I also don't want to go pulling the door apart unless I have to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I checked it out, and all of the torx screws are tight. I played around some more and discovered that the buzzing actually completely stops if the window is down even a tiny bit (isn't that opposite of the normal roller problem)?

The sound seemed to be coming from inside the speaker when I crawled around down there, but I'm guessing that's just where it can escape the inside of the door.

I guess it may be a problem with the rollers afterall...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.