SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I had a nice outing in the convertible yesterday (very unbritish weather these days...).
The fly in the ointment was the rattles and squeaks of the drivers side windows. The passenger side is fine, but the drivers side is getting on my nerves. The window seems to have much more freedom to wobble outwards than it should have.
I have already checked inside the drivers door to find something to fix, but nothing obvious there.
Does anybody have a recommendation? Should I get the window out, and what defects should I look for? Rubbers, metal fittings?
Thanks for your help & best wishes
Andreas

·
4,637 Posts
Two things from my experience.

1. The 'vert has a metal extension to the glass which slides in the window rubber. This may produce more wear on the rubber insert in the frame. So look for damage / wear there.
2. The window frame has lateral adjustment available to help with sealing to the roof rubbers. These adjustment bolts could be loose. The convertible top PDF pages from townsend's website address these adjustments.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Just to emphasize cdaly's comments: the adjustment guide from Townsendimports.com is very good. It should help.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your feedback.
I already had a look at the files you suggested, but they seem to mostly address the fit of window to hood. My problem is that the windows wobbles too much when the hood is down (when the top is up and supports the windows its not that bad..). Are poorly adjusted windows prone to wobbling?

Another thing I've already fixed is the metal rail that guides the back of the front window which had been loose at the bottom (inside the door); but tightening this did not help a lot.

Let me ask in a different way: are wobbly windows a known disease of the 900 vert, or is this something I should be able to fix if I try hard enough? If everybody else's windows are ok, then I'll try hard ;-)
Best wishes
Andreas

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Ahhh...

My windows are fine.

Could there be a part missing? A bushing or guide of some type? If one isn't so bad, perhaps you could compare them?

Sorry that I can't be of more assistance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
my drivers side window on the vert is wobbly too, although not all the time. it seems to me it has something to do with the power window on mine, as opposed to the fit, because sometimes the window works smoother, and the glass doesn't wobble.:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts