SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had that annoying rattle in the cruise control stalk? Soon as I hit a concrete service with my Aero, it goes off. Have tried to put my wife's small hair rubber band around it, but the indentation on the back prevents the band from doing the job. Also notice the rear seatbelts in the area they are connected to the frame rattle.
My sons WRX does not have these rattles. My dealer said, "thats just the way that car is"...
your thoughts appreciated
vitch

·
Registered
97 Posts
no rattle with the cruise control stalk for me yet. but i do experience that annoying rear seat belt noise. It seemed to be the belt metal clip's position that keeps hitting the plastic portion of the rear seats. Doesn't happen on my GC8 RS since there's no plastic section by the rear seats. The only solution I can think of is to have the belts clipped to the buckle at all times. :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the same problem piss me off. I'm thinking about seeing if my dealer will do anything about it when I take it in for my scheduled maintenance...worth a try right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
vitch said:
Has anyone else had that annoying rattle in the cruise control stalk? Soon as I hit a concrete service with my Aero, it goes off. Have tried to put my wife's small hair rubber band around it, but the indentation on the back prevents the band from doing the job. Also notice the rear seatbelts in the area they are connected to the frame rattle.
My sons WRX does not have these rattles. My dealer said, "thats just the way that car is"...
your thoughts appreciated
vitch

I had the same rattle, and it's not normal. My dealer checked it out and found a broken part inside that was causing the noise. He did a temporary fix to stop the noise and ordered the part. This week they are going to replace the part. Your dealer's service person/people sound like they need a kick in the ****!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank freakin' God you guys have this too....i have like 300 miles on mine and have already heard what i would call the "steering column - highway expansion joint- rattle"

I thought it was brought on by the 18"s I put on.
Not excusable by any means anyway...but I envisioned the dealer trying to tell me it was the rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts