SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any 9-3 owners have the same problem as myself. When i pullaway in 1st gear there is a slight rattle coming from the rear end of the car but whenever the car goes more than 5mph it dissapears. I have jacked the car up and had a good look underneath but found nothing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
That doesn't seem to be a common problem of any sorts. I would have a shop check it out, maybe on a drive up rack that will allow you to jounce the car while the wheels are still on the ground. It's very common that rattles and such could be from worn bushings that would most likely only be seen when the suspension is loaded, not fully extended (jacked up). Also can you give us any more help? Does this happen every time, does it sound like brakes, exhaust, suspension?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As i said i jacked the car up and checked exhaust ,struts towbar ect. Its strange that the rattle stops when the car starts moving.

·
Registered
297 Posts
nicarper said:
As i said i jacked the car up and checked exhaust ,struts towbar ect. Its strange that the rattle stops when the car starts moving.
Here's a better question, what are you expecting from others here? Your rattle is very vauge, the only thing that differs from other rattles, which no one would have any idea about as you describe it is the fact that you seem to think it ceases after 5mph. So with that in mind, all I was insisting is that you get under the car while the wheels are supporting it and give it a once over. Rattles are something that all these cars have, and if you've searched and found nothing then it's most likely something that is specific to your car, and it could be caused from 1 of 100's of components.

·
Super Moderator
20,427 Posts
Could be the heat shield around the cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts