SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been seeing some 9-5 Aeros with two-tone interiors and carbon fiber dashes. Ive been working on and driving saabs forever and new you could get two tone interiors in 2006 and 2007, but i didnt know they had even more color schemes in 2002-2005 which is the year i drive. Were there special edition interiors from 2002-2005 like how there was one in 2007? Like i just said i also just found out there are carbon fiber dashes for 9-5 aeros, where can i get one?

Why are these interiors so rare and why arent there ever carbon fiber dashes for sale on the forum like the aluminum ones? I thought I knew a lot about saabs but it seems everyday i learn something knew about them.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The two-tone interiors with carbon fiber dash were part of the Sport Tech package that was available on '04-'05 Aeros (maybe +/- 1 year?). Two-tone was either grey interior with black inserts or tan interior with black inserts. Not super rare, but you don't exactly see them everyday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The two-tone interiors with carbon fiber dash were part of the Sport Tech package that was available on '04-'05 Aeros (maybe +/- 1 year?). Two-tone was either grey interior with black inserts or tan interior with black inserts. Not super rare, but you don't exactly see them everyday.
I would pay handsomely for one of those sport-tech dashes and shifter surrounds.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My car with extra rarity points for being a manual Aero wagon :cheesy: . The Sport Tech interior is nice, but I wouldn't pay too much for it. You'd be much better off wrapping your dash yourself.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The Carbon Dashes look amazing, but they can be a pain if the car isn't garaged. The dash starts to de-laminate and look kinda odd from sun exposure. You can occasionally find them on Ebay. I got the main dash face for ~$200 and the shifter bezel for ~$30.

I've not heard anyone else having issues with it, but mine even cracked this winter as I was pulling into a parking lot. I attribute it to chassis flex.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Carbon Dashes look amazing, but they can be a pain if the car isn't garaged. The dash starts to de-laminate and look kinda odd from sun exposure. You can occasionally find them on Ebay. I got the main dash face for ~$200 and the shifter bezel for ~$30.

I've not heard anyone else having issues with it, but mine even cracked this winter as I was pulling into a parking lot. I attribute it to chassis flex.
Duly noted.

Considering I'm having zero luck finding a plain old 'aluminum' aero dash & shifter surround, I don't expect that I'll be running across a sport tech specimen any time soon.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I had the shifter sorround on my 2001 Aero delaminate and crack.

The second time it happened I removed the whole thing and took all the fake dark wood off, sanded it well and painted it satin black with my favorite Rustoleum 7777 satin black spray can. It came out really well. Looks great and will not delaminate.

I am thinking of doing the same to the dash when I take it out to replace the burned bulbs in the dash. I have never seen a satin black dash, but it may look good.

I have to admit that I am a bit over the carbon look. thinkk it is sort of "yesterday".

Will post photos of the sorroud

·
Registered
289 Posts

My carbon dash de-laminated. Looked really good when I first fitted it, a year or so later it looked terrible. Sprung all over the place.
Di-Noc or a good quality carbon wrap might be a better option if carbon is the look you want. The world's your oyster when it comes to wrapping, you could do just about anything. Take it off if you don't like it

·
Registered
93 Posts
The two tone interior and carbon on 99-05 cars was done by Hirsch. First models were named TrollR, later models just had a Hirsch badge.

Iirc the seats and dash aren't sold anymore. You could try to source the parts in Sweden (blocket oa) and ebay.de.

Maarten

1 - 12 of 12 Posts