SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a 1999 9-5 a little less than a month ago.
The color is Cayenne Red Mica Metallic. I heard that this is a rare color on a 9-5.
Is that true???

Also, I dont have an SE, but i do have the heated seats, leather wheel, leather shift knob. Almost all the options except for the cooled seats and traction control. what am i missing that would keep this from being an SE.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
StX221 said:
The color is Cayenne Red Mica Metallic. I heard that this is a rare color on a 9-5.
Is that true???
More so than some of the others ;)

StX221 said:
Also, I dont have an SE, but i do have the heated seats, leather wheel, leather shift knob. Almost all the options except for the cooled seats and traction control. what am i missing that would keep this from being an SE.Thanks,
Nick
Front Fog lights????:confused:

·
Registered
302 Posts
how would i know if i had cooled seats? would there be a little knob similar to the heated seats knob to turn them on or something??

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
StX221 said:
Also, I dont have an SE, but i do have the heated seats, leather wheel, leather shift knob. Almost all the options except for the cooled seats and traction control. what am i missing that would keep this from being an SE.

Thanks,
Nick
Have you got SID2 and cruise control? Steel wheels or alloys?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
StX221 said:
Almost all the options except for the cooled seats and traction control.
Don't worry about not having TCS, it's pretty crappy. :roll: I don't have those silly cooled seats either.

how would i know if i had cooled seats? would there be a little knob similar to the heated seats knob to turn them on or something??
There would be a knob next to the heated seat knob, I thnk. I don't have them, but I remember seeing it in a picture there.

·
Registered
302 Posts
StX221 said:
Front fog lights, Yes

SID 2, Yes

Cruise, Yes

3-spoke alloys, Yes
same with my '99 9-5 (not SE)... we came to the conclusion that the person who originally bought my car checked off a few extra boxes for the extra features :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
The SE has drivers side seat memory, and a nine speakers - two more than the S. It also has different wheels, and some other little things.

Brett

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The cooled seats are easily identified by having tiny little holes in the center sections of the seats, including the rear seats. There will also be a knob next to the heated seat knob. They work really well in the summer time, especially on the lower back that can get kinda sweaty when it's hot. The only gripe I had was that the fans for the seats were pretty noisy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts