SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my car to the dealer back on May 31. At the time, my CEL was on and I needed a service anyhow. I also complained about noises from front suspension and a minor problem with my sunroof.

The CEL issue was fixed by replacing the DI Cassette (glad it decided to warn me, rather than just dying and leaving me stranded) And, of course, they performed the service.

They didn't have the parts to complete the other repairs and placed wheel bearings and roof insulation on order. Well, I hear nothing from them for weeks. I call them Tuesday, and they give me the, "Let me call you right back." I wait a few more days without hearing anything and call them again today. They say, "Yeah, those parts should be in on Monday."

I have to wait a whole month for wheel barings?!? Is that typical? It's a good thing that the car still runs! I'd hate to be in a loaner for that long... Or is it that they only actually placed the order on Tuesday when I reminded them of it?

Grumble... At least the repair is covered by warantee... Grumble.

·
Registered
642 Posts
welcome to the stealership mentallity. They do not care about you, most of the mechanics are hardly competent and switch from dealership to dealership and model to model, (there are some very good reliable people out there you know who you are) for the most part your are much better off with an indy, but with warranty work you are pretty much bent over a barrel, is there another dealership in the area. Where I am there is one dealership that is HORRIBLE, and there is another that is actually outstanding when it comes to customer service and repair ( thats not to say their pricing is fair though)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Stellar I said:
Or is it that they only actually placed the order on Tuesday when I reminded them of it?
Bingo! That has to be it. The speed at which shops can get just about any part when motivated is astonishing.

If this happened to me, I'd call the service manager and remind him that this half-a**ed kind of service isn't acceptable. And that letting customers drive around for a month with mysterious wheel-bearing noises borders on negligence.

I'd also go miles out of my way to another dealer next time. In LA, you probably have more than one viable option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts