SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take the saab down the track tonight. It was 27 degrees and the track was slick. I am not a drag guy but a bunch of people were going, and it was 5 bucks more to run so I took 1 pass.

15.33 @ 94 mph

60 foot was bad - 2.502

Reaction was a .562

Mods are 3 inch exhaust, and 10-11psi of boost.

Guess thats not too bad, no one was fast due to track conditions. I tried to keep the wheels planted but still had some spin.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats about what I ran in my aero. :( I am horrible at drag racing. Plus my car doesnt hook up at all on the track. I figured 2500 rpm was a good launch. It worked pretty well but the tires still broke loose.

·
Registered
100 Posts
my bro ran 9.4 in the 1/8.. not sure what that translates to in the 1/4. he had 3 inch pipes, a rebuilt motor with NA intake. SQR stg4 programming on a t25 turbo..

i suppose he didnt do to bad. my friend had a Nova which was suppose to be 450 hp and insanely fast, as he loves to remind us of... but he only ran 9.2, so that kinda suggests that the nova had a good launch, but the saab would EAT it after it hooks up.

JP

·
Registered
166 Posts
thats the problem with front wheel drive cars, they cant hook up because the weight transfers off the tront wheels at launch. just need some drag radials or slicks.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
My buddy ran 15.1 at 97mph in Denver at Bandimere 5800' with sqr stage 4.

My first time down the strip was about the same, 14.7 at 104mph in my ng900 with 9k motor. I think I ran a 9.5 1/8th mile. With some suspension adjustments and some pre-loading of the car, slipping the clutch with e-brake on, I was able to get the times down much more and busted out a few 2.1 to 2.2 60' and 13.6 at 110mph. I then added some drag radials and some other tuning tricks and got my 60' down to my personal best of 1.62 60' and a 8.4 1/8th mile at 87.50mph and 13.1 at 112.25mph

I had a lot of fun and was able to beat many rwd cars and awd cars and that was the best, beating a new 07 porshe 911, a evo 8 and a firehawk and then in the end a very fast little jetta. I plan to rip it up again this year at the track. Nothing is better than beating up on muscle cars and evos and porsches and what not in the only Saab at the track:cool:

John

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Kudos man! Totally agree with you.
That's my goal:cheesy:

Klim

John Z Williams said:
My buddy ran 15.1 at 97mph in Denver at Bandimere 5800' with sqr stage 4.

My first time down the strip was about the same, 14.7 at 104mph in my ng900 with 9k motor. I think I ran a 9.5 1/8th mile. With some suspension adjustments and some pre-loading of the car, slipping the clutch with e-brake on, I was able to get the times down much more and busted out a few 2.1 to 2.2 60' and 13.6 at 110mph. I then added some drag radials and some other tuning tricks and got my 60' down to my personal best of 1.62 60' and a 8.4 1/8th mile at 87.50mph and 13.1 at 112.25mph

I had a lot of fun and was able to beat many rwd cars and awd cars and that was the best, beating a new 07 porshe 911, a evo 8 and a firehawk and then in the end a very fast little jetta. I plan to rip it up again this year at the track. Nothing is better than beating up on muscle cars and evos and porsches and what not in the only Saab at the track:cool:

John

·
Registered
100 Posts
vnv727 said:
9.4 in the 1/8 Mile is about ~14.4 - 14.7 in the 1/4 mile
makes sense, my car is faster then his, and stock it was rated at 14.9... id hope with my mods i could hit 14.5 or so, if i had a half deasant reaction time:)
well, next year ill run it, w/e

u think my current NA gearbox, or an aero gearbox be better for the 1/8, assuming i trap 70ish, id have to shift into 3rd gear, where my bro can hold 2nd to around 75 and slap 3rd as he crosses the finish line..
i was gonna race it this year, but the gf got in the way:lol:
JP

·
Registered
166 Posts
be careful... lol I've already gone through two transmissions. one from the drag strip and one from just driving on the road. I blew the pinion shaft through the bell housing on the first one and left oil all the way down the track. and The speedo gear dropped out of the second one. that was a costly fix for a $9 gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts