SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I have finally found myself with enough time to finish installing my clutch... it decides to rain. The forecast calls for a 90% chance of thunderstorms and then continuing storms well into weds. *sigh* Murphey's Law I suppose. I thought I would start a story time thread. Reply back with your interesting Saab Story. Interesting Dates, Close Calls with Johnny Law, Times when you had to limp home etc...

I'll start by saying that two weeks before I had to leave to come back to school was about the time I purchased my Saab. LONG story short, Right away I had to replace the fuel filter, fuel line, Air Filter, and the ignition tumbler. I almost thought I wasn't going to make it in time. In the process it was pointed out to me that my clutch was slipping bad but I had to leave the next day or be late for the first day of classes. The irony in all of this was that the 500 mile trek up here was the first time I drove my new car for any length of time :confused: To finish the story The clutch finally let go and started pouring smoke out Literally right as I pulled into the student parking lot. God must have been on my side that day. The clutch could of let go anywhere in-between, but I made it to school!

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Hang in there, I'm having the same issues, fall weather. :roll: I'm rebuilding the whole trans though, not just the cluch. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts