SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that couple of spots on the ragtop is showing wear. The picture below shows the location. I think the canvas folds in two different directions at that point so it creates a stress point.

I have also found a bulletin from Saab (attached), although it's for 900 citing this problem. Is there a similar part number for 9-3? How do you order the parts for 900?

If all else fails, I'm thinking of gluing an additional piece of canvas from the underside to reinforce the area. Good idea??

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Soft top / Canvas roof wear

Apologies for bumping this old thread, but has anyone else having soft top wear problems on the 9-3? This has only developed recently on my 2001 vert, and I am wondering if something has got of alignment that is causing the wear (3-4 mm diameter frayed area, where cable runs, just above rear window on RHS).

·
Registered
247 Posts
I also have scuff marks there as well on my ng900 vert. I use a brush and Raggtop cleaner on my top and always recondition and seal it after and it goes away.

It has to be rubbing on something, but I could not see anything that could even touch the top, so Im not too sure what the cause is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ditto I have like 3 scuff marks all in a perfect folded straight line on both sides. I'm not sure what from but when I drive over a bumpy road my Vert Top shakes and makes a lot of rattling noise. Maybe I have some bolts to tighten or replace and straps to replace?

·
Registered
247 Posts
same with me, they are on the drivers side mainly. That is not really a provision of loose bolts, because then you would clearly hear and feel the top moving around in the bag (that thing is not light!).

Im not sure, but I will inspect next time I go home to see any potential contact points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts