SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 95 900 Convertible has a top that is about two years old, according to the records that came with the car. It certainly seems in good cond, but the rear window is almost completely detached from the top, to the extent that you can reach in to the interior of the car around most of the perimeter the window. It is not very weathertight, as you can probably imagine :cry:

I took it to an auto trim place today to see if they could do something about it and the options were a new top (~$1400), or sewing in a plastic window (~$450). Apparently the exsiting window cannot be resealed to the top. If anyone here knows better, I would love to hear! I guess if I have to I will get a plastic window sewn in, but I would much rather have the glass window.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Brian.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rear window repair

I have a local Saab guru here in Fishkill NY. He has a customer that had his rear window fixed. I saw it, it is perfect. Not plastic, the glass window. I will keep in touch when he findes out where it was done.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
acoloreo said:
I have a local Saab guru here in Fishkill NY. He has a customer that had his rear window fixed. I saw it, it is perfect. Not plastic, the glass window. I will keep in touch when he findes out where it was done.
Fishkill,New York ? , acoloreo
Right off the Taconic State Parkway..
Back in the 70s there was a Saab dealer there, as I recall.. Some of this is now blurred; but I remember going there to buy some used parts for a front brake assembly.

The people there were kind enough to lend me some tools to remove parts from a "junk" car in the back.

I think I had a 60s 96 at the time - this car was victimized by a repair facility that renewed the brake linings in front, but omitted the cotter pin and did not tighten the axle nut !!
I do not think the dealer is there anymore..

I tried the PM thing - to no avail..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
acoloreo said:
Thanks. I'd appreciate it!

Cheers,
Brian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts