SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new (to me) 1988 900S. I've ordered a Bentley manual mail order and it will arrive Tuesday. However, I've got a car stereo head unit I want to put in, but I don't know which wire colors serve which functions. (The previous owner kept his radio, so I can't pull out the old one and figure it out from that. I've just got a tangle of snipped wires.) So, my question:

What are the wire colors for each radio function for Saab for 1988?

Can anyone point me at the answer, or simply write the wire colors and function in a reply? I've got the day off Monday (Memorial Day here in the US) and I'm just too impatient to wait for that manual. :)

Thanks for the answer.

Scott

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, guys!

That is a great website. And thanks for the correction too. I'm headed out to put in this stereo.

Scott

P.S.-- I think I'll snatch that avatar. I love the old SAAB logo with the airplane. A friend of mine in college actually had a little chrome SAAB airplane key fob for her old 99. I'd love to find one of those for my pocket.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One omission

The wiring color page failed to mention which wire has permanent power, but I found it was the gray wire. I just wanted to add it here for the next newb like me that needs to know the wiring colors but doens't want to wait until their repair manual arrives in the mail.

By the way, the radio is in, and it sounds pretty good for a bottom-of-the-line CD unit from Best Buy.

Scott

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Such harsh words!

Thank you for exposing me to it so quickly, on only my second day on the forum. I've always liked the old SAAB logo with the airplane. Thank you.

Actually, I didn't mean to steal it, so I touched up a chromed version in Photoshop based on your inspiration.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts