SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps
Sooo, has anyone upgraded the cd player to a simple aftermarket radio needing help here lol
I bought this Jensen radio for the bottom cd player but needed a tad bit help with what all I need to do and help with a parts list like what wiring harness
Thanks guys👊✌

·
Registered
387 Posts
Buy an adapter to go from factory wiring, to the aftermarket radio. Then you won't have to cut the factory harness. Also, a mounting kit if not supplied with the aftermarket radio is a good option as well. I don't have part numbers because there are so many options out there. I actually have the adapter in my parts car (2001 9-3). PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Do you have a 9-3 or an NG900? Is the radio you bought single DIN or double? If you're going single DIN, a lot of guys use a Honda cubby to fill the other slot. Double DIN and you usually have to make a bezel. There are lots of threads in the Workshop on stereo upgrades. Use the Advanced Search feature to find some. You can start a new thread there for your upgrade. (The modifications forum was mostly about performance mods, but you'll find some threads here too... these days most of the traffic is in the Workshop forum).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bobby boy lol, I have both but for now just fiddling with the 04 93 the og I think I am going to keep completely factory inside except seats speakers and shifter box(gearbox)

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Well, then my work here is done! For the '04, you need to post in the 9-3SS forum. I know there are issues with tying in on that one due to the fiber optics, but that's all I know. Those folks will have to help you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts