SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the other posts about this same thing which say to replace the earth lead. But I cant find earth lead in the epc and if I Google it I get stuff about battery cables. So can I get a better description or maybe a part number?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
What model SAAB are we talking about? What year?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
I had a feeling...moving to the correct forum. ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I got the filter, went to install it, and the connector that is soldered to the window broke off. Any iedas how to reattach it to the window? I dont think I can solder it.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
Actually you can.
Use flux and silver tin. Apply flux to window contact point and pin. Use gas solder with high temp (USE PLIERS). Attach silver tin to pin and instantly put it to window. Hold until it fits. You might have to repeat this several times until you find correct temperature and speed.
DO NOT BURN YOUR CAR!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grandma had me pegged right when she said I am like a bull in a china closet. Car would probably burn to the ground. Anyways, went to the parts store and they had this permetex conductive adhesive and was able to glue it back together. Seems to be holding. Thanks for the tip though.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
I hope that you can hear radio and rear defroster works.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well first off, the radio will work regardless of that connection. In fact I can completely remove that connection and the radio will work fine. Antennas dont require a power and ground to work, they just need a connection to metal. Secondly my radio has never sounded more clear. The only real question is does the defroster work. My test light is at work. But it should since its an electronically conductive adhesive unilke jb weld... which is an insulator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts