SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi friends my 900sturbo is suffering some kind of poltergeist in the SID and radio. I would like to explain:

the aftermarket radio always works very well. last month suddenly no sound, I tested and there is power (12,5 V) but no sound. so I installed other radio, but the same problem. power ok, ground ok, everything is ok, but no sound ;oops:

then I noticed other problem: the SID is malfuntion, the information show in the display is incorrect, for example 2,5 L/100 Kms of consumption and 999 kms of range !! :confused:

finally, the odometer (mileometer) it goes to 0 evertime I turn off the engine !!! :evil:

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

please any ideas ??

thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
The radio has 2 +ve feeds, one direct from the battery and the other is switched from the ignition. The permanant one is used to keep the radio memories, volume, bass, treble settings when the car is turned off and should be on all the time, if you loose one of these the radio will not work. Its failure may also cause the trip meter to reset but it wopuld surprise me, unkless they attach to a common terminal somewhere. Not sure on the SID, but that also would have a permanat live feed so it can store data from one jouney to the next (Millage and fuel usage)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts