SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hope you’re all keeping safe.

My radio is so fuzzy and bordering on unusable... does anyone know what this could be?

When it picks up stations it’s crackly and fuzzy.

I know this is a bit vague.

Cheers

·
Registered
651 Posts
My 07 is that way on AM. FM is ok but not great. CD works great as does my iPhone plugged into the input jack

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Antenna suppression filter or antenna amplifier bad.
Have you checked antenna connector (if wagon)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys for my late reply.

Should’ve put the model on... it’s a 2005 9-3 linear convertible.

Hope that helps ?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is the bottom of the right A pillar for sedan and wagon as well? Where would one buy a new antenna amplifier?

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Nope.
Sedan have antenna amplifier under right C-pillar trim panel.
Wagon have it in same place, but you need to take off right trunk trim panel and C-pillar trim panel.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I googled Saab 9-3 antenna amplifier and a bunch were on sale on eBay, etc, so at least I knew what one looks like. So I went to the local pick n pull junkyard and removed an amplifier and replaced mine. Problem solved! And all these years I though I had a bad radio. On the sedan it is in the passenger side C pillar above the parcel shelf and behind the side liner. There is a 2 inch oval shaped plug that says airbag in the sideliner. I was afraid at first to remove the plug for fear the airbag was behind it and would blow. In fact, the plug prys out and hides a 10mm bolt. Remove the bolt and pull the sideliner down and you will see the amplifier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts