SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have been having a strange problem with my 96 900SE. I have had a pioneer radio in it for the pat 5 years with not issues until the past week. It started that, while driving, I would hit a bump and the radio would cut out but come back on. It has gotten to the point where there is just no sound but it powers on normally and I can still see the display and operate the buttons.

So I bought a new radio to put in, thinking the old one had run its course, and that one powers on but has no audio either.

I've checked the fuses for the radio and radio/diagnostic in the fuse panel and both were fine.

Everything else is performing the way it should be, no lights are on the dash, no sounds, runs great.

If anyone has any idea why this might be happening please let me know. No music is a real drag! Thanks!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Check the connections on the speaker?

If both radios power on but no music comes out, it has to be a speaker issue.
Either the speaker itself, or the wiring going to it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The brown ISO plug has all the speaker connections where they link to the headunit. If you've lost sound completely that would suggest the speakers aren't connected properly. (the chances of all 4 speakers loosing their connections at the same time is unlikely so I'd guess its a problem at the headunit end)

Have you got an adaptor harness between the car's loom and the radio?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I could check all the speaker connections but I doubt they all went out at the same time. I do have a vehicle specific wiring harness. There are actually two smaller connectors on the Saab end that connect to one large connector harness. I am really stumped by this. I thought it could be the wiring harness itself but both receivers are getting power no problem. Just no sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also found out the other day that my horn is working intermittently. So, I am guessing the clock spring needs to be replaced. Would anyone happen to know if that could be related to my radio issue?

Also, does anyone have the clock spring part number for a 96 900SE 2-door?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts