SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 9-3 2.0t. I have looked through the manual and can not find anything about the radio/phone. Obviously I figured out how to do presets and stuff, but how does the phone function. Also, is the input jack in the center console used for anything. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Assuming you have the radio with an LCD display, you should be able to select the aux input by repeatedly pressing the source button on the steering wheel. I would assume, but I don’t know, it is the same on the Nav radio. It’ll scroll through radio, CD, and aux. It’s slow so you have to wait between presses. You can also use the knob on the head unit, not to be confused with the knob for the SID.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The phone buttons don’t do anything unless you have one of the three available phone options.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Push DISC button to go to CD. Push it again and it should to to AUX.

Phone won't be usable unless an aftermarket kit like a Parrot was installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Push DISC button to go to CD. Push it again and it should to to AUX.

Phone won't be usable unless an aftermarket kit like a Parrot was installed.
Are you meaning you can't use the AUX source and use an AUX cord to listen to music? I don't really care about having phone function. I just wondered about listening to musoc and podcasts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Assuming you have the radio with an LCD display, you should be able to select the aux input by repeatedly pressing the source button on the steering wheel. I would assume, but I don’t know, it is the same on the Nav radio. It’ll scroll through radio, CD, and aux. It’s slow so you have to wait between presses. You can also use the knob on the head unit, not to be confused with the knob for the SID.
So when I use the knob on the head unit, the only options I have are radio, CD, and settings. I tried to post a pic but it said something about spam.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The aux input has to be turned on via programming by the Tech2 tool, which should’ve been done if the car has the aux connector installed in the console. I don’t remember if this system has to sense if something is plugged in to the aux jack before showing AUX as a choice at all, or to allow it to be selected, or if it shows and is selectable with nothing plugged in. I think it’s the latter, but you might try plugging something in first if you haven’t already.

·
Registered
8,788 Posts
Press CD button twice and you have AUX input. You need to use wire between phone etc and aux connector in center console.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Other than that one wonky fan button that center stack is in beautiful condition. lucky.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny you mention the fan button cause it started sticking yesterday and i had to figure out how to make the heat run

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Just push auto. Set temp. Done. Mine sits at 70 year round. Only on ultra cold days do I need 72-74. I put butt heaters on auto too.

Reactions: gmoorhead459

·
Registered
65 Posts
I noticed those nice buttons too. Replacements I bet or a very low mileage car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2006 with 120k. Guessing I need to be nice and gentle with the buttons from what you all are saying...

·
Registered
65 Posts
2006 with 120k. Guessing I need to be nice and gentle with the buttons from what you all are saying...

There was a service bulletin from Saab to install new buttons with an improved finish. It covered the little button on the cup holder too. Perhaps you have those, in which case you don’t have to worry. You can get aftermarket ones for the ACC for $40 too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There was a service bulletin from Saab to install new buttons with an improved finish. It covered the little button on the cup holder too. Perhaps you have those, in which case you don’t have to worry. You can get aftermarket ones for the ACC for $40 too.
Good to know. From my knowledge though, the interior is all original. No button replacements here!

It was a 2 owner car when I got it and the first couple that had it were older.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is what I get on my ‘05 with aux input installed in the console and programmed into the EHU properly.

Startup screen:

1st press on “SRC” button on steering wheel:

2nd press on SRC button:

3rd press:

At this point the AUX input is active. Every time I start the car I have to hit the source button three times.
Or you can hit the menu knob, select CD, change media, AUX. I think that setting is retained in memory so subsequent starts require Menu Knob, CD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts