SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and to Saabs. I bought my 2001 9-3 SE 5-Door about a month ago, and I love it. One thing really bugged me though: the rear speakers had rotted to the point of just making an annoying buzzing noise when bass tones were played. I bought some JBL speakers off Amazon.com and installed them. Everything went fine and they played marvelously until I turned the volume up. All the speakers started cutting out, and then stopped playing altogether. I thought I had blown a fuse so I checked, and everything radio & amp related was fine. I pulled the key out, googled it, and came up with nothing. So I put the key back in, turned the radio on, and it worked fine. Until I turned up the volume, and the same thing happened.
I hope this isn't stupid, I've been googling forever about this and haven't come up with anything related to my issue. Do I need different speakers (the JBLs are 4-ohm, 100W RMS, 300W peak)? Did I blow a fuse that magically welded its filament back together?
Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Noah

·
Registered
63 Posts
The only thing that I can think of is in the volume knob. I've seen lots of different cars with the same issue.

Can you get it to happen if you wiggle or move the knob back and forth?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts