SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tired to do some research before i posted this... but I couldn't find what I needed. I have a 1993 Saab 900s with a Clarion (tape deck). :) The car has been sitting for about a year... I connected the battery and finally got the car running about a week ago but can't take the silence any more! During my silent driving times I have put in a few silly codes. Now the radio is locked and I'm stuck! I have disconnected the battery (and left it that way for about fifiteen minutes) but it is still locked. Unfortunatly now I know the code... Just not how to reset it! Please help!

·
Registered
825 Posts
hmmm

Hey,

So wait, so you know the code, you plug the battery in, and you get the radio on and it asks you for a code, you put it in.. and then what? It should work!

what do you want to restart?

Mati

·
4,637 Posts
Many of these radios need to be left on for an extended period to reset. Try leaving the radio switched on (and the car) for 24 hours and see does that let you try again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
from what i have read you need to leave power to the radio for 1 hour (Key in accessory position) for at least one hour then retry. you only get one try per hour if you locked it up by putting in the wrong code 3 times.

if that does not work you have to reverify the code, just call a dealer and they should be able to give it to you. i wrote my on top of the casing with a sharpie.

·
Registered
217 Posts
To reset:

Turn the radio on, hold down the BAND button for 3 or 4 seconds...then you can re-enter your code...and enjoy am/fm at its finest.

Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I screwed up and put in three random codes. Now it just reads the last code I put in rather than CODE. I held the BAND button down for about 15 seconds on a few different occasions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrvdb said:
from what i have read you need to leave power to the radio for 1 hour (Key in accessory position) for at least one hour then retry. you only get one try per hour if you locked it up by putting in the wrong code 3 times.

if that does not work you have to reverify the code, just call a dealer and they should be able to give it to you. i wrote my on top of the casing with a sharpie.

I guess I will have to try this after work tonight. Thanks everyone for all the help! Hopefully this will work!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrvdb said:

Ok, so I am a day late with trying what you said... but it WORKED!!! YAY! I'm so happy I don't have to drive in silence anymore!! THANK YOU!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wrvdb said:
Same thing happened to me two years ago.... enjoy that tape deck...

LOL I will... for the time being...:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts