SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what radio wire is what here?
This is for a 92 900s
I figured out that the adapter on the left is for the speakers gr, br, rd, blu. Are 2 of these for the front and the other 2 for the rear? If so how would I hook one wire up to a non-clarion radio requiring 2 wires for each speaker?

On the middle plug we have black wire= ground, red=ing 12v, grey= 12v but how about the green wire and the brown wire w/ white stripe? What are they for?
Lastly the 6 pin prong on the right any idea what that does? I’ve unplugged it from the radio and it had no effect at all.
Thanks a lot
Jeff

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
You;ll have wires there for automatic antenna etc cant recall exactly.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Unfortunately the site has some kind of bandwidth limitation that means it frequently goes offline. I'm not sure if this is a weekly event or monthly, but it always comes back. In addition the IP address changes, so a lot of the direct links to it will not work any more. The main way back in is www.townsendimports.com then navigate to the technical folders. Once you find what you want, save it somehow.

Just checked and the site is still working but under this IP:

http://68.18.178.205/entry/tech_doc_systems.htm

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JD, Hmm seems like I'm missing something..
on my powersupply connector (h10-4) i have 6 wires these skids show only 5. anyone have any idea what the extra blue wire is for?
also I cant seem to find the connector for the rear speakers or can that be the 6 prong adapter, I'm guessing that adapter runs from the dash to the amp (351) and splits the speakers from there so, to run rears on an aftermarket radio I'm probably going to have to run my own wires.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 6-prong connector is to connect the head unit to the eq or CD changer if your car is equipped with either. I think that the wiring is there regardless. Test it -- use a multimeter to see if any are connected to anything.

The speaker connector should have green, brown, blue and red and then green/white, brown/white, blue/white and red/white. The white striped wires go to the rear speakers. The wires with no stripes go to the fronts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I see that from the diagrams e.n.g., but I have no wires with stripes at the dash, I found 3 connectors behind the radio one with 6 prongs, one with 4 wires which I found operates the front speakers and one connector for the power items.
The only wire with a white stripe one it is a brown/white wire which is part of the power connector (power antenna I belive) nevertheless these cars do have some strange wiring :)
J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts