SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to get lucky this week. When I got the car about 1 Month ago. I could not pull the radio due to no tools. Two weeks ago I sent it to someone who could fix the Blower for the AC and heater. That took almost 2 week. We had to wait for the part. Then saab sent the wrong part that where 2 weeks came about.

Yesterday I pick up the Saab and today I pulled the radio out and on Top was Code for the radio. Total cost $6.50 for the Tools to pull the Radio out.

So Now when I talk to the guy next door I am going to say ya it cost me 650 for the radio to work with a good discount. Not saying dollors or cents. When he start going "I told you so saab cost alot to maintain" I will say lucky it was 650 cents not 650 dollors.

He the type that keep going Saabs Cost alot for parts.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
But, what was needed to repair the blower and AC ?

How much ?
This is what people hear and believe and cultivate..

About $0.19 for the coat hanger and a little DIY skill to make the radio removal tools.
This, the Saab detractor will never hear...
Enjoy the car, ignore all the nay-sayers.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
The dealer does the radio taking out, and looks up the radio code for free. They done that for me and most SAAB owners get that as a courtesy for free. Some dubious dealers charge for that but most don't. If they ask money to provide that service, avoid them all together asd they wouldn't be a reputable SAAB dealer in my book. Luckily I have a great service department at my dealership where the car was always serviced since new.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the One in my area wanted to charge $95.00 to get the code. The guy next door told me. They will rip you off. Bla bla bla.

So I was going to get the info on the radio and found the code on top.

The blower was fine. Something with a Relay Switch. I was not the one working on it.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Atol said:
Well the One in my area wanted to charge $95.00 to get the code. The guy next door told me. They will rip you off. Bla bla bla.

So I was going to get the info on the radio and found the code on top.

The blower was fine. Something with a Relay Switch. I was not the one working on it.
Ok avoid that dealer at all cost. About 99% of SAAB dealers lookup the car radio for you free of charge.

By the way, the tool to remove the radio can be made using a coat hanger (the kind you usually get with the dry cleaning) Here's how you make it
http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/213/45/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts