SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sorry for more annoying radio questions but i seached all ove hell and couldnt figure out what eveyones using to mount their single din stereo. so i was wondering if anyone could help me out. i work at a shop that sells and installs stereos but i have no listing for this car. i was thinking i could make an ISO mount work. i have the triple mini guages going above the DIN unit so i dont need a cubby, and ill run all new wies for everything-speakers, sub amp, power, ground. just wonderring if someone found a better and more convenient mount than a universal ISO. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on putting guages above the aftermarket radio. So I don't need the pocket. How are you mounting the stereo itself into the dash, or does the pocket fit the entire doubledin hole in dash allowing you to mount radio to the pocket?

·
Registered
10,600 Posts
I just used the cage that my aftermarket radio came with. Since the opening is fairly flat on the bottom and sides, I wasn't able to bend the tabs over and secure the cage that way. I drilled a hole in each side of the radio cage and screwed it to sides of the radio opening.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I did this:

Used a double DIN cage and mounted the gauges in there with the single DIN radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts