SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just bought a used saab 9-3 2.0T 2006 with 13,000 miles. the car is in perfect condition. I paid 19,500 at a dealer. Did I get ripped off or was this a good price. I went in to look at a used VW passat and ended up buying this instead.

Ok you all have prob heard this before. How do I set the radio presets so i get a number (example 94.5) and not (example The BUZZ) some stations come in with numbers and some with names. Names suck, I want to know what station Im on. Also why do you need the list of station to scoll through on the display. is this just information or is there another purpose??
thanks
eastcoaster

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the board. I would guess that your price is fair. Did you get it from a Saab dealer with CPO warranty??? That would make it a better deal!! Right now you can buy a 2007 2.0T 60th Anniversary new for about $24,000 plus or minus.

Welcome!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
For the radio, you have to time the moment that the number is on the screen with the beepof presetting the radio. It may take a few tries but thats how you do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks. the radio thing is kind of a pain.

I quess saving $5000 over new is pretty good. should have looked into it more.
of course you have to pay more in tax. And yes the guy gave us the remaining 4year 50,ooo mile warranty and gave us a exended warranty for 3 year when that runs out, plus road side assistance. I hope we dont need that. LOL

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
actually, i would like to do the complete opposite. I WANT the names of the stations to pop up.

So the trick is to program the station when it SAYS the name of it on the screen?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya as long as it is an RDS or whatever station wait tell right before the station name appears then hold the # for the preset.

·
Registered
101 Posts
East Coaster, you probably saved more than $5,000 over new without the rebates. Rebates are huge on only 2007's. So you got a good deal with full warranty and CPO!!! Nice job!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good, Thanks kcaudell vbmenu_register("postmenu_1107773", true); Like I said, I didnt do my homework. so when we got home I was like????
I'm in florida, So I already brought it in and had the Windows Tinted, added Momo Pedals, and brought it to the dealer to replace the buttons that control the fan/ac. The fan button was peeling. No charage and the dealer seem pretty good here. No hassles and they gave us a brand new saab suv for the day. I hear that the peeling is common. I would really like to find some used 17" OE saab rims to replace the 16". I have seen a 5 spoke on some 9-3's (wide spoke)

·
Registered
369 Posts
You should also be able to turn off RDS entirely in the setup menu.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts