SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone... weird thing happened I took my radio fuse out of my 95 9000 lpt and now the radio wont accept the code that always works. The code in my manuel is not working. What gives?

-Dev

R

·
0 Posts
Try removing the radio and putting it in the fridge overnight. When you reconnect it the code should work again. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Radio Codes and Resetting Them:

You could try disconnecting the battery for a while; once you reconnecting the battery and switch the radio on it will flash ‘code’ until you enter the code. If you enter the code incorrectly you must either hold the band button down until the word code reappears and try again (but, if you have entered an incorrect code a few times) - switch the radio on (and do nothing) – just leave the ignition key ‘on’ for approx one hour until the word code reappears. Then try to enter the correct code again. If you do not have the radio code and would like to get it you must call your local Saab dealer with the serial number off the top of the radio and vehicles VIN number.
NB. Many times radio owners will write the radio code on top of the radio. Once you have the correct code try above procedure again (I have done this a few times and it does work – if you have the correct code)
PS. It is not possible with these radios to put them in the fridge overnight and expect them to clear the code – it just doesn’t work.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Harmon Kardon system?

Is it possible you entered the wrong code 3 times?

If so you locked yourself out

Positive you now have the correct code?

You have to put the ignition switch on for an hour till the radio says Code In then you can enter the code.

Just ran through this with my 97A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts