SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
That's a sign that the memory chip in your radio has started to fail. There's no code on these radios, but instead they're "married" to the car. If everything is working properly, you can unplug your radio to your heart's content, and the security memory chip in the radio will remember its marriage to the car. You're more than likely going to need to get access to a Tech 2 to re-marry your radio.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Yes, a Tech II is required. Then it's a simple menu choice, no security access required.

You might want to test, while the Tech II is still on hand, if the unit is going to divorce itself every time the power is interrupted. The original unit in my car started to divorce itself even if I disconnected the battery for fifteen minutes. That would have been very inconvenient if I didn't have a Tech II on hand.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Here's a link to more technical information on the problem, and how to fix it permanently, which requires replacing the faulty chip:

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,520 Posts
Tech II is the electronic diagnostic computer that is used to both find the source of issues./problems (transmission, parking sensors, engine issues, ABS, traction control, wheel sensors etc etc and program features/devices for the car. It's a very advanced "OBD II" tool that the dealership mechanics would/do use.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
The only permanent fix is to replace the failing chip in the radio. Unless that's done, there's always a chance that the radio will lose its marriage memory again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts