SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team. So it seems that I've suffered the fate of many, and currently have a non-functioning radio in my '98 900s. I pulled the battery terminals to tidy them up in the hop of fixing an unrelated electrical issue.

Now, I have gone through every thread I can find on radio codes in the hope of finding some solutions, but as it stands, I have a non functioning radio, asking for code in.

As far as I can tell I have everything necessary to get the radio to work, except the correct code. I have pulled the radio, and I have the serial. I have the VIN of my car, and more so I had what I thought was the correct code. My car was a second hand import into New Zealand, and I have seen that there is a universal code for those vehicles imported from Japan, 1112.

I've input this number innumerable times, but every time, it goes back to the 4 horizontal lines. I've pulled fuses, I've turned it off and on again, I've tried slow, fast and everything in between. But no joy.

Being that I have the relevant information, but no dealer network to speak of, how do I check that 1112 is the correct number, or can someone point me in the direction of somewhere to get the correct code.

At this point, all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
The only thing I know to do is contact Scott at saabnet... I know he has access to North American codes, perhaps he has access to other localities as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I know to do is contact Scott at saabnet... I know he has access to North American codes, perhaps he has access to other localities as well.
Thanks for that, I’ve flicked him an email. I will also try an independent euro mechanic that’s local.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I got a code for a 9000 radio, through a Saab franchise dealer, from Sweden. It was based on the VIN which was on the radio’s label. I know yours is a 900, point is - it’s possible. I also got another 9000 unit unlocked and given a new code by a random car audio shop. So that may be another option.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
The radio code is based off of the radio's serial number, not the car's VIN. I've never heard of there being a universal radio code for any market. That seems like it would defeat the purpose of the code system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts