SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I recently bought a 1992 c900 base n/a and it had an aftermarket radio in it, it came with the original and the aftermarket one was ugly so I put the old connector back in it and hooked the radio up but now it just says 5654 on the screen and won't do anything. I've tried unplugging the radio and using the band clear thing and unplugging the battery to band clear it but it won't stop showing 5654 on the screen and I'm no sound and no response from it at all, and it also won't accept a cassette. The lights and work and none of the buttons seem stuck so I'm just looking for a solution

EDIT: I left the car running for about an hour and I got the code clear to work but now when I try to type in my code typing 2 in puts down a 3 is there any other number input method or some way to fix this?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I think those are the "let it run for 20 minutes" and re-enter the code. Obviously it's not 5654. :)

Edit: It might be 60 minutes. It's a while. Stereo must have power.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure how to find out the original code would it be printed somewhere? It is the radio that came with the car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
if it's been worked on someone might have written it on the metal case for the radio. Or in the service manual. Do you have the tool to pull it out? If you bought it from a private party you could ask them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I'm trying to enter the security code on my 1992 900 base model but whenever I hit the 2 button it enters the number 3. All the other buttons put in the right number except this one. Is this a common problem or does anyone know any fixes? Please help I need David Bowie's magic in my daily driver before I commit seppuku

·
Registered
158 Posts
I heard that you can still get a code for an old unit from Saab dealers that are still around. I tried and had no luck, but others said they did. Shortly after trying that, a friend gave me an old alpine he had, so didn't pursue it all that much (you may have better luck). But I as well hated the new look, so went with this when I park it at a show (you can hardly tell it's not the real radio!);

·
Registered
12,652 Posts
Charles River SAAB in Boston (the country's oldest dealer) should be able to get you a code.
You have to clear old codes. If I recall, holding the 'Band' button down for about 5 seconds clears the code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts