SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the method to calculate your radio code from your serial numbers? I just got a used Saab 900, and need to enter the radio code but the former owner did not have it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Does anyone know the method to calculate your radio code from your serial numbers? I just got a used Saab 900, and need to enter the radio code but the former owner did not have it.
grab a wire coat hanger, and cut it into two "U" shaped pieces to pop out to radio with (they go in the holes on either side, and the radio should just slide out).

The code should be printed on the top of the radio unit.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Seems like a rather self-defeating idea to print the anti-theft code on the radio itself...

I'd guess a rather relevant detail is the brand of radio...?
Not really, it is almost certainly the original Clarion unit, he seems to have an NG900 but it is still Clarion (the 9-3 however carries an identical looking unit, that is completely different, not interchangeable and made by Pioneer :lol:)

Lots of people write the code in on the top by this point in time...

If it isn't there, just go to the dealer with the VIN and they will look it up for you.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Not really, it is almost certainly the original Clarion unit
Over here, there was no standard-fit unit in c900s (I seem to recall the dealer-fit head unit in my mother's brand new c900 was a Philips), and there's nothing shown in EPC, so whatever was put in as "standard" was almost certainly something installed locally by the importer or dealer.

he seems to have an NG900
Ah, didn't notice that.

Lots of people write the code in on the top by this point in time...
Lots of people have also replaced head units over the last 20 years - something to do with little silver beermats... <grin>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I pulled out the radio and there was no code written on it, I pulled the numbers but i found no one with the formula to get the code. I guess I'll call the dealership tomorrow, but i woulda rather gotten this done today.
Thanks for the assistance...

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
There is no formula for this that I know of. Some of the better dealers will give you the code with the cars VIN and proof of ownership, and not charge an arm and a leg...
Silver beermats ???

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
I have one labeled "Netscape", It might be a good Frisbee if not a mat.
Right now I am using a floppy disk as a coaster for my glass here, it says "COREL DRAW 5 | DISK 10" :lol::lol:

Another coaster on my other table says "TRY AOL FREE" :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts