SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I'm new on this forum, so take me easy :D .

I have a Saab 900 NG 2.0 Turbo and I have some problems with my radio CD.
So when I turn it on, let's say it is on tape if I want to change to Radio nothing happens, sometimes when it wants to make the switch to Radio, the frequency remains the same.
I've tried to change the radio CD, I got the PIN for it, but it doesn't want to start .
Do you have any ideas ?

P.S : Sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody ?
So, let me complete the first post.
About an hour ago I started the Radio and the CD player was working, I made an audio CD in 5 minutes and now only the tape and radio works :) .
It's so annoying ..

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
How did you make the audio CD? If you just copied mp3 files to it, it won't work. You need to use a program like Nero 6 Ultra Edition to convert the mp3 files into CDa files. If the CD plays in another player, you might check to see if the connection to the CD unit in the trunk is connected tightly, There is a little plastic quarter-turn locking ring that secures the cable to the 6-CD unit... Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No no no, the problem is not the CD, it's the player itself :) , because sometimes if I want to switch between Radio to Tape it doesn't work it remains on Radio, now it's stuck on Radio and if i wan't to play a CD it doesn't work, I push the CD button but nothing happens.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Complexion beyond belief:evil:;oops:
You just may need a new unit, or a truly rebuilt radio -its 10 to 15 years old....your vehicles age, mileage is an unknown.:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have another working unit, from another Saab 900, but it doesn't let me to introduce the PIN :) and I don't know what to do.
My Saab is from 1996, 212.000KM .

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Try these tips:

http://www.thesaabsite.com/Saab-900-93-95-radio-code.htm

Disconnect the radio fuse and radio diagnositic fuse for 20+ min with the CD changer unplugged. Connect the fuses, enter the code in the radio, see if it works. If it does, turn the car off, plug in the CD changer, car back on, and turn on the radio. It should recognize it. This has worked in my car many times if the radio has acted up, its been fine for a long time now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts