SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently (2 months ago) purchased a used low milage (35k) Saab 2000 9-3 convertible. The car is working well, but I just ran into my first problem. Today I got into my car and the radio was working fine, I changed inserted a cd (single disc player), and then all my radio buttons were non-responsive. I could not change songs, eject the cd, etc. Plus the steering radio buttons were also non-responsive. The CD was still playing and the volume knob was working, but at this point I was testing everything, so was pushing the SID buttons and the clear and night panel buttons are now stuck. I stopped, turned the car off and restarted, same button issue. Then when I got home turned the car off and waited a few minutes, turned the car back on all the buttons were working again, except the SID buttons are still stuck. Any ideas, a fuse? the battery? A freak incident that will never happen again? I read in a seperate thread about the SID buttons needing to be cleaned if they are sticky, how do I do that? I think the sticking may be unrelated to the radio button failure? Maybe???? Help please!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The clockspring is suspect, if the horn and SRS are also on vacation....Those using this design have some troubles (Ford, Mercedes, others?)
The contact must be too weak, and may vary as the steering wheel is turned.
Try popping the other non-working switches, clean and lubricate..
On my car, I have never had to do this; but on an electric drill motor I sprayed the trigger area , allowing it to run again. And twelve volts are more prone to non-working(sticking, hanging, or non-responsive) than 120 volts..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts