SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to replace my C900's radiator, which is currently being shipped. I've already replaced the radiator on my previous '89 900 that was equipped with the manual transmission, so I'm pretty familiar with the process. However, my '93 has an automatic transmission cooler, so I'm guessing this might be a slightly different animal. Primarily, I'm curious if there's anything I have to do regarding the transmission cooling lines or how that works? eeuroparts had only one type of Nissens radiator available, so I hope it's "universal." Hopefully, no one minds me asking, since I was unable to find any threads that discuss the specifics of radiator replacement on an auto 900 after a brief search. Thanks in advance, as always!

·
Registered
441 Posts
There's nothing in the EPC to say there is a radiator specifically for auto's and have never seen an option when buying radiators whether it is for an auto or manual.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my thought too. It looks like my auto trans cooler is the in-line type off the lower radiator hose. Based on what I'm seeing, and pictures I've looked up, it should be a non-issue for the radiator swap. Pretty much remove the lower rad hose, swap, then hook it back up.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
same rad just bottom hose as stated goes straight to cooler, and then carries onit's journey like the manual to pump

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You may be confused by the transmission cooler that is installed between the radiator lower hose and the return to the block. There are no fittings similar to the built in coolers seen on American cars and trucks. Both auto and manuals use the same radiator.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the clarification/verification, folks. After some looking, it looks like there should be no problem with the swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts