SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while finding parking in a parking lot , the water started boiling in radiator, so I opened the hood while car was still ON and noticed that both Radiator fans were not working, so I shut it down, topped up coolant, and returned back home, at home I checked the fans were still not ON and car was going hot, so I Turned ON AC and both fans started working, so even I turned off AC they were still working, but after I restart the car, without AC ON the fans still goes OFF unless I turn the AC ON.

So please help, me find and fix the problem

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Omar:

I suspect that your thermostat is failed. It could be other things, but that's my first instinct.

The fans won't turn on until one of two things happen: the thermostat gives a 'high temp' signal or the A/C system is at pressure.

My thinking here is that the system is not getting the signal from the thermostat, but it DOES get the signal from the A/C system. When you turn off the A/C, the system will remain at pressure for some period of time and thus the fans will remain on through that period.

My second guess would be to look at the fan relay which is in the relay box under the hood.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Omar:

I suspect that your thermostat is failed. It could be other things, but that's my first instinct.

The fans won't turn on until one of two things happen: the thermostat gives a 'high temp' signal or the A/C system is at pressure.

My thinking here is that the system is not getting the signal from the thermostat, but it DOES get the signal from the A/C system. When you turn off the A/C, the system will remain at pressure for some period of time and thus the fans will remain on through that period.

My second guess would be to look at the fan relay which is in the relay box under the hood.

How can I be sure its Thermostat Not temperature Sensor, because I have been noticing since last 2 weeks the temp Guage some times stays under little bit under the center location? For the Relay there are couple of Relays in Fuse Box, which relay is for Fans? thanks again for helping me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts